In the Footsteps of the Great Composers
Join friends of Classical KING FM and walk in footsteps of Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Schumann, Wagner and more. Visit the great composers' homes, experience the Amsterdam Concertgebouw, and attend performances by the Leipzig’s Gewandhaus Orchestra and the magnificent Berlin Philharmonic. Enjoy a private concert in the birthplace of Beethoven and hear an organ concert in the very church where Bach was the music director and is now buried.
Classical KING FM’s exclusive custom 12-day journey will begin in Rembrandt’s Amsterdam. From there we sail south to Beethoven’s birthplace in Bonn, and then to Cologne, birthplace of Max Bruch and Jacques Offenbach. Our journey continues as we cruise to Bavaria and Saxony – once home to so many of the great composers. Lovingly designed for the KING FM classical music lover, our custom cruise is unlike any other. On board a luxurious Emerald Waterways ship, you will enjoy chamber music* by some of Europe’s finest instrumentalists while feasting on exquisite cuisine and cruising past scenic river vistas. KING FM’s first two classical cruises sold-out and were rousing successes.
With award-winning classical KING FM host Lisa Bergman
With classical KING FM travel club artistic advisor Christophe Chagnard
With classical musicians violinist Aloysia Friedmann and pianist Jon Kimura Parker
Guided by Earthbound Expeditions founder Matthew Brumley
Seven nights cruising the Rhine on the deluxe MS Emerald Sky
All multi course meals while cruising with wine served at dinner
Custom private KING FM shore excursions and distinctive experiences including:
• Two post-cruise nights in Bach's Leipzig
• Two fascinating nights in historic Berlin
• A special classical concert in the birthplace of Beethoven, Bonn, Germany
• A tour of Potsdam Palace where Churchill, Truman and Stalin met
• A special lunch on top of the German Parliament (the famous Reichstag)
• An exclusive piano recital the home of Robert and Clara Schumann
• A moving organ Bach concert in the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
• Tickets to the Leipzig Organ Festival to be held in the Gewandhaus Orchestra Hall
• Special tours of the Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam and Berlin Philharmonic
• Insider tours of the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
• Fascinating walks in Amsterdam, Leipzig, Berlin and Bonn which highlight the lives of the Great Composers
• Multiple classical concerts celebrating the lives of the great composers
• Special concerts on board the MS Emerald Sky while cruising
13 Days / 12 Nights (when including air travel)
Depart the USA on October 24, 2019
Trip begins in Amsterdam on October 25, at 5:00pm
Trip ends in Berlin on November 5, 2019
Prices listed on the final page of PDF itinerary
Click here to complete your registration and mail completed form, along with tour deposit, to: Earthbound Expeditions, PO Box 11305, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 -OR- Select the make a reservation link from this page to complete your booking online.
Not Included: Travel insurance ◊ Port fees of $200 ◊ Gratuities for the ship staff ◊ Air tickets to/from Europe ◊ Any items not mentioned in your KING FM floating festival itinerary.